Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules to insure the safety of residents, staff and visitors. Must be able to address emergency and non-emergency situations calmly, thoroughly and apply common sense to the resolution of problems. Responds to residents personal emergency response buttons when pressed. Assess the situation and call 911 for assistance when necessary.
This is a Contingent position (no regular hours, just fills in when other are sick, go on vacation, etc). Qualified candidates should be available to work the midnight shift.
We also have a benefited part-time position on Afternoons. Afternoon shift is Monday - Friday from 8pm - 12am (20 hours per week). This job comes with benefits after 90 days which include paid time off, dental, vision, tuition assistance and 403b retirement plan.
1. Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates. Report any fire hazards or security risks to supervisor or administration.
2. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Conduct appropriate verification (checking identification, contacting resident to verify relationships) and/or investigation of suspicious persons.
3. Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
4. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
5. Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
6. Respond to Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) page received when a resident activates their emergency button. Asses situation and call 911 for assistance when necessary.
Education : High School Graduate, General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : One to two years related experience preferred but not required.
Must be able to operate a computer.
Valid Driver's License