Perform a variety of tasks related to food service department including the preparation, service and clean up of food service to residents, visitors, and staff.
1. Collect resident food orders, and deliver food directly to residents for meals.
2. Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
3. Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, pots, pans and/or silverware by washing by hand or loading into dishwasher.
4. Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
5. Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
6. Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
7. Scrape leftovers from dishes into garbage containers.
8. Sweep and mop kitchen floor.
9. Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
10. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
11. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
o Safety policies and procedures.
o Federal, state and local regulations.
12. All other duties as assigned
Village Variations- VEH, PFV
13. Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
14. VEH/PFV: Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
15. VEH/PFV: Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
Education : High School Graduate, General Education Degree (GED) or currently enrolled in program if under 18.
Experience : No prior experience necessary
Must be able to operate a computer.
Certificates & Licenses
Handling / Fingering
Squat, Kneel, & Bend
Lift/Carry 20 lbs. up to 50 on occasion
Push/Pull 25 lbs. or less
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Ability to hear well enough to take resident food orders accurately.)