Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules to insure safety of residents, staff and visitors.
1. Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates. Report any fire hazards or security risks to supervisor or administration.
2. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Conduct appropriate verification (checking identification, contacting resident to verify relationships) and/or investigation of suspicious persons.
3. Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
4. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
5. Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
6. Respond to Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) page received when a resident activates their emergency button. Asses situation and call 911 for assistance when necessary.
7. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
8. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
o Safety policies and procedures.
o Federal, state and local regulations.
9. All other duties as assigned
Education : High School Graduate, General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : One to two years related experience
Computer Skills: Must be able to operate a computer.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Driver's License