Provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, or moving/transferring/transporting residents.
1. Assist residents to perform daily living activities including: bathing (bed baths, tub baths, showers), dressing/undressing toileting (assist to bathroom or supply, collect, or empty: drainage bags, bedpans, urinals, beside commodes, etc.) Ambulation (with gait belt, independent, assist, walker, wheelchair) Lift or assist others to lift patients to move residents on or off beds, chairs, etc. (1-2 man, hoyer, sari lift)
2. Answer patient call signals to determine patients' needs.
3. Communicate with patients to ascertain feelings or need for assistance or social and emotional support.
4. Administer specialized care to residents such as urinary catheters, oxygen, colostomy and ileostomy, impaired skin integrity as directed by a physician or nurse.
5. Apply slings and stockings under direction of nurse or physician.
6. Change bed linens or make beds.
7. Measure and record vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate), I&O, ADL’s, food and liquid intake, specimen collection (urine and stool) in CNA care plan book reporting changes to nursing staff.
8. Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
9. Observe or examine patients to detect symptoms that may require medical attention.
10. Feed or assist residents to eat or drink.
11. Review patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
12. Record vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, respiration, temperature, post mortem care)of resident for admission, transfer, discharge or death.
13. Maintain confidentiality of resident information and care complying with HIPPA and Resident Rights
14. Transport residents within the Village or other areas using wheelchairs or assisted walking
15. Reviews and implements all aspects of care plan with the residents. Providing ideas for improvement to the care plan of residents
16. Encourage residents toward a state of greater independence
17. Maintain required CNA certification and participates in required annual state in-service. Attend and participate in staff meetings and maintain minimum of 12 in-service hours annually.
Holds a current Michigan Nurse Aide certification.
Software Powered by iCIMS