Coordinates and documents the care assessments in accordance with applicable standards, guidelines and regulations. Oversees and guides the MDS process throughout the facility.
1. Coordinates the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care by following the MDS process.
2. Coordinates and facilitates care conferences with the Social Worker.
3. Coordinates, completes and reviews Minimum Data Sets (MDS).
4. Educates and trains nursing staff and other departments regarding the role of assessments, planning, implementation and MDS process and assists departments regarding completion of applicable sections of MDS.
5. Maintains “on-call” status for departmental emergencies. On-call/rotational responsibility as weekend facility supervisor. May act as Medicare nurse, including completion of all Medicare documentation and Medicare educator (staff, families, residents) in absence of the Staff Development Educator.
6. Responsible for ensuring all current MDS/PPS updates are implemented and staff is in serviced.
7. Creates and maintains a positive atmosphere of leadership including continuous quality improvement, teamwork, mutual respect, professionalism and accountability.
8. Attends and participates in all appropriate departmental/Village meetings, training and development opportunities.
9. Provides guidance, leadership and supervision to the CNA staff.
10. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and a current licensure from the State of Michigan as a Licensed Practical Nurse or a Registered Nurse.
Completion of MDS training program or equivalent experience and knowledge of PPS.
Three months experience completing MDS’s.
Background or experience in long term care.
Efficient Computer knowledge and use of Microsoft products, word processing, spreadsheets database systems, and email.
Licensure from the State of Michigan as a Licensed Practical Nurse or a Registered Nurse.