Leads the work of the Resident Assistants on each shift to assist residents with daily living activities such as grooming, eating, dressing, and bathing. Encourages residents to function at their maximum capabilities.
1. Assist, guide, or direct resident with daily life activities including:
2. Personal grooming/hygiene, dressing/undressing, toileting, assisting with urine and bowel incontinence (and/or emptying drainage units), range of motion activities and exercises (ambulating, positioning, lifting) to increase quality of living following established procedures
3. Prepare and maintain records to document client progress and services performed by recording in resident chart, use judgment to report changes in client condition to manager or supervisor for review.
4. Guide, direct, and assist residents with maintaining a safe and clean environment, including but not limited to: Changing bed linens, cleaning/tidying up resident’s rooms, dining rooms, etc. wipe, vacuum, sweep as necessary, emptying waste baskets, cleaning refrigerator, microwave, steam tables, restrooms as needed.
5. Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of nurse (LPN or RN).
6. Collect specimens, such as urine, feces, or sputum for testing using proper receptacles and following safety precautions.
7. Serve prepared food to residents. Guides and directs (and assists when necessary) residents with eating using proper techniques and tableware.
8. Directs work of Resident Assistants on assigned shift
9. Verify daily documentation for completeness.
10. Assists in finding shift coverage and maintaining adequate staffing levels as needed.
11. Inform supervisor and/or manager of any equipment and supply needs, repair/maintenance needs, safety hazards, and any unusual occurrences or observations.
12. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
13. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
o Safety policies and procedures.
o Federal, state and local regulations.
14. All other duties as assigned
High School Graduate/ General Education Degree (GED) or enrolled in program if under age 18.
5 years’ experience Resident Assistance or related position or minimum 2 years’ experience as Certified Nursing Assistant.
Ability to operate a computer
Certificates & Licenses
MI Certified Nursing Assistant
First Aide Certificate