Keeps floors in clean and orderly condition by cleaning floors and shampooing carpets.
1. Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
2. Steam clean, spot clean or shampoo carpets.
3. Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
4. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
5. Notify Manager/Lead Housekeeping concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
6. Notify Manager/Lead Housekeeper for suppliers or equipment needed for maintaining floors.
7. Evaluate, clean or recommend replacement of empty rooms and apartments for turnover.
8. Maintain equipment, machines and supplies.
9. Prioritize, organize and schedule the cleaning and upkeep of all floors. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
No prior experience necessary