Presbyterian Villages of Michigan, a premier senior living services non-profit organization, has a great opportunity to join our team at The Village of Westland as a Housekeeper. We invite you to help us create new possibilities in quality living for the seniors we serve.
Benefits after 90 days including medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off, 403b retirement savings plan, and tuition assistance.
Perform any combination of cleaning duties to maintain Lakeshore Community and resident rooms/units and common areas.
1. Clean and maintain all common areas including, but not limited to corridors, lounges, reception areas, restrooms, storage and supply areas, floors, offices, and chapel. Clean and maintain resident rooms and units as assigned and/or as vacated so that health standards are met by:
2. Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
3. Dust and polish furniture and fixtures.
4. Wash windows, blinds, walls, ceilings, woodwork, etc. as necessary.
5. Move and arrange furniture.
6. Replenish bathroom items. Wash and disinfect using approve cleaning solutions.
7. Wash and disinfect bathroom and kitchen fixtures/appliances using approved cleaning solutions.
8. Sweep and mop floors.
9. Clean rugs and carpets using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
10. Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
11. Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides.
12. Maintain adequate levels/quantities of supplies by reporting accurate inventory to manager/lead for replenishment.
13. VOW: Collect dining room and resident laundry. Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines and dryers, iron and fold dried items.
14. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
15. Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures, Safety policies and procedures, Federal, state and local regulations.
16. All other duties as assigned
High School Graduate, General Education Degree (GED) or currently enrolled in program if under 18. No prior experience necessary
Must be able to operate a computer.