Installs, repairs and/or maintains machinery, equipment, physical structures, building systems and outside environment. Directs work of Maintenance Technicians and assists with supervision duties. Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance. May assist manager with invoicing. Assists with overall up keep of community and grounds.
1.Direct activities, assign duties, transmit and explain work orders to Maintenance Technicians utilizing PMWorks program.
2. Receive resident work orders, evaluate work needed, complete assigned work orders within required time frame indicating work complete, parts ordered, further work needed, outside contractors needed, etc. utilizing PMWorks program.
3. Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
4. Inspect, operate, test, maintains and repairs mechanical devices, machinery, equipment and tools.
5. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
6. Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery.
7. Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking repair manuals, or parts catalogs, or utilizing 3rd party vendor as necessary.
8. Installs, assembles, repairs and maintains electrical and gas appliances, equipment, systems, fixtures, lights, electronic components, plumbing systems and fixtures or contact appropriate 3rd party as needed and authorized.
9. Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
10. Provide grounds keeping services, such as landscaping and snow removal.
11. Prepares assigned areas for various activities and events by clearing and/or rearranging furniture, setting up equipment, removing trash, etc.
12. Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies following safety procedures
13. Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
14. Assist manager with invoicing and staying within budget.
15. Prepare, paint or repair, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures in absence of dedicated positions at Village.
16. Fabricates, installs, repairs, maintains and replaces structural items such as counters, cabinets, partitions, floor and ceiling tile, gutters, etc. in absence of dedicated positions at Village.
17. Install equipment to improve the energy or operational efficiency buildings in absence of dedicated positions at Village.
18. May Estimate repair costs and record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
19. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
20. Required to be available on call and respond to Maintenance emergencies, as required.
21. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
o Safety policies and procedures.
o Federal, state and local regulations.
22. All other duties as assigned
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : Two to three years related experience.
Must able to work a computer
Certificates & Licenses
Valid Driver's License
Required to be on call and to respond to maintenance emergencies, as needed.