Supervises, directs, coordinates and oversees the operations of the Village. Responsible for guiding the Village in developing strategic initiatives.
1. Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of the Village
2. Conduct supervisory activities such as hiring and firing staff, providing employee orientation and training, creating work schedules, monitoring and approving work, coaching or disciplinary action, and approving employee time sheets for department.
3. Prepare and administers Village budget, including monitoring budgetary performance
4. Assess the financial condition of the Village by monitoring payables, receivables, billings, expenses, and implementing any policy, procedure and/or program changes, which would ensure the Village’s financial health.
5. Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about community.
6. Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants, following government program regulations.
7. Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve problems following management rules and regulations.
8. Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
9. Approve general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for the Village Approve bids from contractors for repairs, renovations, and maintenance.
10. Market Village to prospective tenants by developing marketing plan, participating in outreach events and maintaining visibility. Contribute to local community organizations and appropriate professional organizations.
11. Confer regularly with residents to ensure their needs are being met.
12. Works with Board and sub-committees of Board to develop the strategic direction and long-range initiatives of the Village. Presents and explains budget and variances to the board. Determine strategy for budget compliance.
13. Develops and administers Village operating policies, procedures and programs.
14. Approve all financial transactions for Village
15. Executes legal documents and enter into contracts for provision of property services such as cleaning, maintenance, security services, etc. within PVM limits of authority.
16. Ensures compliance with all state, regulatory, administrative, labor and legal regulations, requirements, laws, etc.
17. Assesses data and submits reports (verbal and written) regarding any and all issues affecting Village operations.
18. Maintain occupancy rate at or above established goals by reducing voluntary turnover and building a waiting list to fill vacant units in a timely manner.
19. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
20. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
o Safety policies and procedures.
o Federal, state and local regulations.
21. All other duties as assigned
Education: Minimum of Associate's degree in business, gerontology, or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience : 5 years in property management
Experience in affordable housing preferred
Experience working in senior housing or with seniors required
Computer literacy Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
Experience in housing software
Certificates & Licenses
COS and/or Tax Credit Certification as it relates to Village funding or program required.
Ability to work evenings, weekend, holidays as needed. Must have ability to be on-call for emergencies.