Assists the operation and delivery of a holistic wellness program for PVM residents, employees, and members of the surrounding community by assisting with program development, implementation, and/or delivery; data collection, entry, and/or evaluation; marketing and other administrative/clerical duties.
1. Monitoring, assists with records, reports and maintains appropriate documentation regarding residents’ ability, participation, interest, attendance, etc.
2. Motivates residents to attend and participate in wellness activities. Ability to devise resident projects, instruct residents, and stimulate their interest.
3. Assists residents with wellness activities and events including but not limited to:
• Transporting, within Village, and outside of the Village (Commercial Drivers License with a passenger endorsement required)
• Executing skills (motor, sensory, etc)
4. Monitors and maintains inventory of wellness supplies.
5. Maintains and assists with the resident gift shop, crafts, or wellness projects.
6. Assists in the development and publication of wellness announcements, newsletter, and advertising. Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
7. Assists in the development and planning of the events calendar. Assists with resident programs in the Wellness Department.
8. Assist in creating, developing and facilitating a comprehensive wellness program that is preventative, holistic in nature and addresses mind, body and spirit dimensions.
9. Embraces, upholds, and promotes Presbyterian Villages of Michigan’s mission, vision, beliefs, values, strategic goals, objectives and Servant Leadership.
10. Attends, leads, and/or participates in all appropriate departmental/Village meetings, training and development opportunities. Maintains a supportive working relationship between all departments.
11. Follows established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
• Presbyterian Village employment policies and procedures
• Departmental policies and procedures
• Safety policies and procedures
• Federal, state and local regulations
12. All other duties as and/or tasks as assigned or requested.
Education : High School Diploma or G.E.D Equivalency required.
Experience : Previous experience working in geriatric environment in a health and fitness capacity is preferred. Previous experience successfully leading individual and group exercise classes, including but not limited to endurance, strength, and flexibility classes. Previous leadership experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Computer knowledge and ability related to use of Microsoft Office Suite, other database related systems pertinent to the role.