Performs various resident care treatments/services and assists in the coordination, direction and management of the nursing unit(s) to provide for the needs, safety and comfort of the residents. Licensing required. Assesses and monitors resident’s condition.
1. Conduct supervisory activities such as providing employee orientation, training, coaching or disciplinary action.
2. In-service Resident Assistants of proper procedure for distribution of medications, Non-sterile medical treatments and infection control, and other procedures as required.
3. Assess new applicants and admit to A/L or confer with Admissions regarding appropriate placement following Village policies and procedures.
4. Coordinate resident intake with department staff.
5. Help patients with bathing, dressing, maintaining personal hygiene, moving in bed, or standing and walking.
6. Re-assess residents continually to maintain proper placement and level of care.
7. Maintain placement list, update manager and supervisor on a weekly basis
8. Administer and performs medical procedures, treatments and medications as ordered by physician(s) or in response to emergency situations, noting times and amounts on residents' charts.
9. Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
10. Provide basic patient care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, and treating bedsores (not inclusive)
11. Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
12. Record all medical and medication data accurately and report changes in condition or errors and omissions to ensure records are kept up-to-date.
13. Maintain cleanliness, security and supply of medication, supply rooms and equipment.
14. Review departmental documentation, charts and records. Correct or bring errors to supervisors attention.
15. Respond to or report to supervisor resident and family needs, concerns and issues.
16. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
Education : Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience : Six months to one year geriatric experience preferred.