Performs various resident care treatments/services and assists in the coordination, direction and management of the nursing unit(s) to provide for the needs, safety and comfort of the residents. Licensing required. Additional duties will be reviewing admission referrals, completing off-site admission assessments, assisitng with insurance paperwork and ACO paperwork.
1. Supervise certified nursing assistants.
2. Answer patients' calls and determine how to assist them.
3. Administer prescribed medications as ordered by physician(s) or in response to emergency situations per medical directives. Document administration on residents' charts.
4. Observe and assess residents, charting and reporting changes in residents' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action under direction of physician or registered nurse.
5. Provide basic resident care or treatments, including but not limited to taking vital signs, blood gases, changing dressings, administering oxygen, obtaining lab specimens, monitoring INR, tube feeding, maintaining IV's and saline locks.
6. Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
7. Record all medical, Medicare and medication data accurately and report changes in condition or errors and omissions to ensure records are kept up-to-date.
8. Work as part of a healthcare team to assess resident needs, plan and modify care.
9. Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other healthcare team members as necessary.
10. Assists in the development and implementation of skilled and restorative nursing care.
11. Maintain cleanliness, security and supply of medication, supply rooms and equipment.
12. Review departmental documentation, charts and records. Correct or bring errors to supervisor’s attention.
13. Conduct physical exams, determine tentative diagnosis, and assist with treatment in route to hospital.
14. Facilitate transfers to hospital or triage center.
15. Comply with infection control programs. Advise or consult with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
16. Inventory and requisition supplies and instruments.
17. VEH: Complete all Medicare documentation and coordinate of all Medicare admissions, changes, discharges, and all Medicare reporting under the direction of the MDS Coordinator.
18. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
19. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
o Safety policies and procedures.
o Federal, state and local regulations.
20. All other duties as assigned: reviewing admission referrals, comleting off-site admission assessments, assisting with insurance paperwork and ACO paperwork.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Admission experience strongly desired