Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking and pulling weeds.
1. Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters, or other grounds features.
2. Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
3. Water lawns, trees, or plants, using hoses or watering cans.
4. Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
5. Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
6. Shovel snow from walks, driveways or parking lots using shovels, snow blowers, or snow blade equipped vehicles and spread salt in those areas.
7. Gather and remove litter.
8. Clean gutters and down spouts.
9. Trim or pick flowers and clean flower beds.
10. Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
11. Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, or shrubs and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
12. Haul or spread topsoil or spread straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place.
13. Perform minor maintenance duties.
No prior experience required