Transport food and other supplies to and from resident dining areas. Assist with storage of food and supplies. Responsible for washing of dishes, pots, pans, and other kitchen related items.
1. Break down, clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, floors, counters, dish machines utensils, dishes, or silverware.
2. Label and store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
3. Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
4. Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
5. Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
6. Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
7. Stock cupboards and refrigerators, and dining room tables.
8. Vacuum dining area and sweep and mop kitchen floor.
9. Load dishes, glasses, and tableware into dishwashing machines.
10. Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
11. Organize dietary department supplies and equipment to maintain clean and safe environment,
12. Receive, verify and properly store all food item deliveries
13. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
14. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
15. All other duties as assigned
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Six months to one year related experience
Must have ability to operate a computer
Must be available evenings, weekend, and holidays
May require change in assigned shift depending on departmental needs.