This individual is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Presbyterian Villages of Michigan Foundation’s events, including all fundraising, donor recognition and cultivation events, as well as donor stewardship. This individual will also be responsible for managing a portfolio of donor prospects, and setting and meeting fundraising goals. This individual will serve as an integral part of the PVM Foundation team and have a proven track record of success in planning and executing fundraising events as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills. A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field is required and a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor software is preferred.
1. Develops, implements and manages all PVM Foundation fundraising and cultivation events including but not limited to the annual Gala, Inspire Possibilities Breakfast, Calvin Society donor recognition event and individual project and Village events.
2. Develops and coordinates donor recognition and stewardship plans that will grow and retain donors.
3. Actively maintains a portfolio of donors for the purposes of securing gifts through proposals and personal solicitation.
4. Develops and maintains all promotional materials, mailings, website updates, reporting and all other details related to special events and donor relations.
5. Guides and assists Villages in fundraising as needed.
6. Develops and administers annual budget in support of fund development initiatives related to special events and donor stewardship.
7. Assists in strengthening other functional programs and initiatives of the organization (i.e., donor outreach programs).
8. Maintains visible and positive relationships with residents, family, and community and educates regarding giving opportunities.
9. Creates and maintains a positive atmosphere of leadership including continuous quality improvement, teamwork, mutual respect, professionalism, and accountability.
10. Assesses data and submit reports (verbal and written) regarding fund development issues.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field. Experience equivalent to education considered.
Experience: Two to three years’ experience in event planning and/or fund development.
Must be able to operate a computer and intermediate knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and email software.
Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software preferred.
Knowledge of web development preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Valid Driver’s License
Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) at a level generally commensurate with a college degree.
Ability to influence others and communicate professionally, tactfully and persuasively with diverse populations.
Ability to quickly assess and address emergency and non-emergency situations calmly and professionally.