Assists in directing and supervising the nursing staff in providing care in accordance with all applicable standards, guidelines and regulations.
1. Assists in the development and implementation of policies, programs and procedures that will enhance the quality of life and comply with all applicable standards, guidelines and regulations.
2. Consults and coordinates with nursing staff, physicians and other medical practitioners (including attendance at care conferences) regarding resident care.
3. Counsels, evaluates, disciplines and terminates certified nurse assistant staff and nurses, and assists Director of Nursing regarding all of the above.
4. Maintains appropriate Cena and nursing staffing levels, to ensure adequate resident care coverage while keeping us within budget.
5. Establishes and maintains a positive atmosphere of leadership including continuous quality improvement, teamwork, mutual respect, professionalism and accountability.
6. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with residents, families, staff, physicians, hospital personnel and other medical practitioners, community organizations and various agencies. Assesses, develops and monitors resident care plans.
7. Addresses resident, family and staff concerns.
8. Assists in the development and implementation of a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
9. Audits and ensures nurse and cena duties are being completed and provides education and mentorship as necessary.
10. Interviews/Hires cena and nurses appropriate for particular unit.
11. Reviews new admission paperwork and charting/careplans to ensure they are complete and accurate.
12. Gathers and monitors data for infection control. Data turned over to QA nurse monthly.
13. Monitors wounds and gathers data for QA nurse as directed.
14. Facility wide managerial responsibility on rotating basis (weekends).
15. Acts as facility Infection Control Preventionist.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current registration as a licensed registered nurse.
Ability to identify, analyzes, resolve and present issues at a level generally commensurate with some college level course work.
A professional level of knowledge of skilled nursing and the long term care industry (including OBRA and MDS)-- knowledge that is normally acquired through attendance at nursing home administration licensure course work.
Skilled in management and administration techniques, generally commensurate with some college level course work.
Valid CPR certification required.