Oversee wound program, restorative program, incident reports, investigations & Infection Control. Assesses and monitors Wound Care or delegates to appropriate person. Monitors I/A reports/events, investigates incidents and makes appropriate recommendations. Monitors and develops restorative program with direction from therapy. Gathers infection control data and prepares for monthly QA reports. Prepares QA reports for incidents and wounds.
1. Provides guidance, leadership and supervision to Restorative Assistants, Restorative wound nurse, & treatment nurse.
2. Observes and monitors resident condition and therapeutic needs.
3. Monitors I/A reports/events, investigates incidents, and make appropriate recommendations.
4. Instructs and directs residents and Restorative Assistants in the use of therapy devices and equipment.
5. Administers and performs other medical procedures and treatments as ordered by physician (s) or in response to emergency situations.
6. Records all therapeutic/rehabilitative data accurately and reports changes in condition or error and omissions.
7. Assists in the development, monitoring and updating of individualized care plans.
8. Acts as Wound Care Coordinator regarding facility quality programs, initiatives and compliance.
9. Acts as Infection Control Coordinator regarding facility quality programs, intiatives and compliance.
10. Acts as Restorative Program Coordinator.
11. Prepares QA reports as appropriate.
12. Assists in the development and implementation of a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
13. Creates Monthly / Quarterly Pressures Ulcer and I/A Reports for Director of Nursing and Administrator.
14. Maintains "on call" status for departmental emergencies. Maintains weekend manager rotation as needed.
15. Reviews departmental documentation, charts and records.
16. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
17. Creates and maintains a positive atmosphere of leadership including continuous quality improvement, teamwork, mutual respect, professionalism and accountability
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and a current licensure from the State of Michigan as a Licensed Practical Nurse or a Registered Nurse.
Current licensure from the State of Michigan
geriatric experience beneficial and desirable
Physical therapy/rehabilitation experience beneficial and desirable.