Directly supervise and coordinate work activities of all maintenance, housekeeping and laundry staff. Plans and implements all maintenance, housekeeping and laundry functions.
1. Plan and prepare employee work schedules.
2. Conduct supervisory activities such as hiring and firing staff, providing employee orientation and training, creating work schedules, coaching or disciplinary action, and approving employee time sheets for department.
3. Prepare department budgets and monitor within defined parameters.
4. Establish and implement operational standards and procedures for the departments supervised.
5. Develops and implements methods, procedures and/or projects to improve service and increase operational efficiency.
6. Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
7. Inventory stock to ensure that supplies and equipment are available in adequate amounts.
8. Instruct staff in work policies and procedures, and the use and maintenance of equipment.
9. Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
10. Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
11. Confer with staff to resolve performance and personnel problems, and to discuss company policies.
12. Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and take corrective action.
13. Maintain required records of work hours, budgets, payrolls, and other information.
14. Prepare reports on activity, personnel, and information such as occupancy, hours worked facility usage, work performed, and departmental expenses.
15. Arrange for additional services, such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
16. Forecast necessary levels of staffing and stock at different times to facilitate effective scheduling and ordering.
17. Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, or furnishings.
18. Check and maintain equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
Education Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) in electrical, plumbing, HVAC or related field
Experience two to three years’ experience in housekeeping/environmental services, in a long term care, nursing home, or healthcare environment.
Two to three years of supervisory/managerial experience
OSHA experience, strongly preferred.
Must be available to be on call.