Assists in directing and supervising the nursing staff in providing care in accordance with all applicable standards, guidelines and regulations.
Assists in the development and implementation of policies, educational programs and procedures that will enhance the quality of life and comply with all applicable standards, guidelines and regulations.
2. Consults and coordinates with nursing staff, physicians and other medical practitioners (including attendance at care conferences) regarding resident care.
3. Counsels, evaluates disciplines and terminates certified nurse assistant staff, and assists Director of Nursing regarding all of the above for nurses on the unit.
4. Maintains appropriate Nurse and CNA staffing levels, and schedules accordingly, to ensure adequate resident care coverage.
5. Maintains compliance with Infection Control Program on the unit.
6. Establishes and maintains a positive atmosphere of leadership including continuous quality improvement, teamwork, mutual respect, professionalism and accountability.
7. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with residents, families, staff, physicians, hospital personnel and other medical practitioners, community organizations and various agencies.
8. Addresses resident, family and staff concerns.
9. Assists in the development and implementation of a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
10. Maintains "on call" status for departmental emergencies.
11. Participate in employee evaluations, employee corrective actions and unemployment hearings.
12. Attends, participates in (and/or leads) all appropriate departmental/Village meetings and training and development opportunities.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current registration as a licensed registered nurse.
Five years supervisory experience and five years of long term care experience preferred.
Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) with diverse populations and factions at a level generally commensurate with some college level course work.
Ability to quickly assess and address emergency and non-emergency situations calmly and professionally.