Operate washing machines to wash resident clothing, linens, and towels. Labels and mends resident clothing, linens, and towels.
1. Collect and sort soiled articles for laundry.
2. Inspect soiled articles to determine sources of stains, to locate color imperfections, and to identify items requiring special treatment.
3. Operates laundry machinery (Washers, dryers, sewing machine, hot seal machine) to complete laundry process.
4. Folds, verifies, counts, date, stores or delivers clean clothes, table linens, and other articles for resident or staff use.
5. Mend or sew torn articles to allow for use.
6. Conduct count of linens for inventory.
7. Clean laundry room, chemical room and maintain upkeep on equipment such as washers and dryers.
8. Distribute, handle, add, and change laundry chemicals for use following established safety procedures.
9. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
10. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to: Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures, Safety policies and procedures, Federal, state and local regulations.
11. All other duties as assigned
No prior experience necessary