Installs, repairs and/or maintains machinery, equipment, physical structures, building systems and outside environment. Assists with the overall up keep of the community and grounds.
1. Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
2. Inspect, operate, test, maintains and repairs mechanical devices, machinery, equipment and tools.
3. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
4. Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery.
5. Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
6. Installs, assembles, repairs and maintains electrical and gas appliances, equipment, systems, fixtures, lights, electronic components, plumbing systems and fixtures.
7. Paint or repair surfaces, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
8. Maintain by providing landscaping (trimming, cutting, weeding, & planting) and snow removal(plowing, shoveling, and salting) to ensure their appearance and safety for employees, residents and visitors.
9. Fabricates, installs, repairs, maintains and replaces structural items such as counters, cabinets, partitions, floor and ceiling tile, gutters, roofs, etc.
10. Prepares assigned areas for various activities and events by clearing and/or rearranging furniture, setting up equipment, removing trash, etc.
11. Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and looking for hazards.
12. Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies following safety procedures
13. May input work requests and detailed information in PMWorx.
14. Install equipment to improve the energy or operational efficiency of buildings.
15. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
16. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to, Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures, Safety policies and procedures, Federal, state and local regulations.
17. All other duties as assigned
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
One to two years related experience
Ability to operate a computer and operate maintenance software
Valid Driver's License
Certification in electrical, plumbing, or HVAC preferred
Required to be on call and respond to maintenance emergencies, as needed.