Builds, installs, repairs and/or maintains machinery, equipment, physical structures, building systems and outside environment for the Harbor Inn mid-rise and ranch homes.
1. Receive resident work orders, evaluate work needed, complete assigned work orders within required time frame indicating work complete, parts ordered, further work needed,outside contractors needed, etc. utilizing the current maintenance software program.
2. Communicate with outside vendors on coordinating services including receiving initial proposals for Harbor Inn Manager approval and maintaining required paperwork.
3. Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
4. Assist Manager with scheduling and conducting unit inspections as required by VEH
5. Inspect, operate, test, maintains and repairs mechanical devices, machinery, equipmentand tools.
6. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings doesnot deteriorate.
7. Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery.
8. Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking repair manuals, or parts catalogs, or utilizing 3rd party vendor as necessary.
9. Installs, assembles, repairs and maintains electrical and gas appliances, equipment,systems, fixtures, lights, electronic components, plumbing systems and fixtures or contact appropriate 3rd party as needed and authorized.
10.Provide grounds keeping services, such as landscaping and snow removal.
11.Estimate repair costs and complete repairs as authorized or forward to manager for authorization.
12.Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies following safety procedures.
13.Assist manager with invoicing and staying within budget.
14.Communicate to manager of status of projects, outstanding issues, and any relevant information in regards to department.
15.Ensure quality standards are followed in units and entire property (parking lots,community building, etc.).
16.Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
One to two years related experience in maintenance requested.
Valid Driver's License
Certification in electrical, plumbing, or HVAC preferred