Prepare and cook meals for residents, visitors, and other guests.
1. Cook meals according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served following proper production techniques and sanitation standards
2. Clean and inspect equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation according to sanitation guidelines.
3. Compile and maintain records of food use and expenditures.
4. Direct activities of staff performing food service duties
5. Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
6. Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
7. Rotates perishable products and recycles as appropriate
8. Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
9. Train new employees for department
10. Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
11. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
o Safety policies and procedures.
o Federal, state and local regulations.
12. All other duties as assigned
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
No prior experience necessary
Must have ability to operate a computer
Must be able to calculate simple mathematical equations
Must be able to interpret menus and recipes
Must be available evenings, weekend, and holidays
Software Powered by iCIMS